- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 9.05 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 10.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the participants of the project "Students - to the Government".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a government meeting and sitting.
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the President Valdas Adamkus Conference 2018 "Restoring European and Transatlantic Resilience".
- 2018-08-22 On 22 August, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the round table discussion "Transatlantic Response to Russia’s Hybrid Actions".
Lithuania’s cooperation with the US and world Jewish organizations discussed in Washington, DC
On 8 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with leaders and representatives of the key world and U.S. Jewish organizations in Washington, D.C. In a traditional meeting at the Lithuanian Embassy in Washington, D.C., the Foreign Minister discussed important issues of international and bilateral cooperation, including the fight against anti-Semitism and other forms of hatred, Iran’s policy, the Middle East peace process, and the preservation of Lithuania’s Jewish heritage.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister welcomed close ties and constructive cooperation with the Lithuanian, American, and world Jewish communities. The meeting was attended by representatives from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the American Jewish Committee (AJC), the National Coalition Supporting Eurasian Jewry (NCSEJ), B’nai B’rith, the World Jewish Restitution Organization (WJRO), the U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM). The representatives of these organisations congratulated Lithuania on the centenary of the restoration of the state and thanked for taking steps to restore historical justice and to counter anti-Semitism.
The Foreign Minister’s meeting with the Chief Executive Officer at the Centre for a New American Security Victoria Nuland on 8 March focused on challenges to international security, including Russia’s ongoing aggression in Ukraine, the upcoming NATO summit, as well as the importance of maintaining strong transatlantic ties and the U.S. attention to the Baltic region.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister also gave interviews for ‘The Wall Street Journal’, ‘Foreign Policy’, and the ‘Brussels Sprouts’ podcast by the Centre for a New American Security (CNAS) in Washington, D.C.