- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuanian MFA statement regarding poisoning case in the United Kingdom
The Lithuanian Foreign Ministry expresses strong solidarity with the United Kingdom following an audacious criminal act – the poisoning of a former military intelligence agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter.
There is never a justification for this type of attack – the attempted murder of private citizens on the soil of a sovereign nation.
The Lithuanian MFA stresses that the use of a military-grade nerve agent within NATO territory represents an exceptional case, making it essential to identify the perpetrators and bring them to justice immediately.
We call for a joint NATO and EU response.